Digital Project Manager and Communications Specialist
We are looking for an Digital Project Manager and Communications Specialist to support our client based in Tallahassee, Florida.
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
This is an on-site position. Candidates must be located in or near Tallahassee, Florida or willing to relocate.
*No third parties and no sponsorship*
Who we are
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in beautiful Miami, FL, TECKpert is a tech consulting and staff augmentation firm. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire an Digital Project Manager and Communications Specialist to support our client, a government agency based in Tallahassee, FL. The Manager will focus on providing services to coordinate the planning and implementation of multiple communication strategies to raise awareness about their data modernization (DMI) project, as well as assist in modernizing the their website.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Department’s DMI committees and workgroups to develop and implement communication strategies that will raise awareness about the DMI project among the Department workforce statewide, as directed by the Department.
- Implement the DMI Communication Plan, including establishing and facilitating a DMI
communication committee, developing a communication committee charter, and leading the
implementation efforts, as directed by the Department.
- As directed by the Department, assist the Department with modernizing the FLHEALTH.gov
website by designing the layout to support mobile, tablet, and desktop devices and working with developers to implement visual elements and usability of the website.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to communicate
interaction and design ideas, as directed by the Department.
- Actively participate in DMI Project status meetings, as directed by the Department.
- Serve as DMI Customer Relations Manager, as directed by the Department.
- Schedule, facilitate, and document meetings (such as minutes, action items, issues, and decisions) as directed by the Department.
- Correspond (verbally and in written formats) with project teams, workgroups, and other
stakeholders identified by the Department regarding project activities, deliverables, and status, as directed by the Department.
- As directed by the Department, follow the Department’s Communication and IT processes, and coordinate with other Department Communications
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, 7 month contract position with possible extensions and pay commensurate with experience up to $55/hour or $114,400 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Candidates are expected to work onsite at our client’s location.
Qualifications you need
A successful Digital Project Manager and Communications Specialist possesses or provides the following:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or business management.
- Five (5) years of professional experience managing content management systems such as websites, email, and/or social platforms.
- Five (5) years of project management or related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Two (2) years of experience with increasing organizational capacity to implement communication strategies that focus on modernizing technology solutions.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Project or Smartsheet.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
*No third parties and no sponsorship*
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.
Thank you for applying. If you are selected, we will reach out for a skills assessment and to schedule a short prescreen video call to get to know you better. We will also be in touch for any future roles your profile will match with.
Download our mobile app, sign up and complete your profile. You will also receive push notifications of additional opportunities as they become available. Go to our website and click on the link at the top for iOS or Android.
TECKpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.