IT Business Analyst - Fort Lauderdale
**Local Candidates only**
We are looking for an IT Business Analyst to join the TECKpert team at a client Government agency on site in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Plantation, FL, Dania Beach, FL, & Pompano Beach, FL.
You will be required to perform work onsite as this is not a remote position.
*No third parties and no sponsorship*
Who we are
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in beautiful Miami, FL, TECKpert is a tech consulting and staff augmentation firm. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
The TECKpert IT Business Analyst works closely with customers and team members to understand and gather business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
The ideal IT Business Analyst has experience in systems analysis
- Responsible for gathering/documenting requirements/specifications, developing test plans, test strategy, execution of test strategy, issue tracking, meeting minutes, to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist project manager in facilitating the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Design using C.A.S.E Tools, or other tools and a solid understanding of development quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Projects include software development, infrastructure, and the integration of VENDOR solutions.
- Knowledge of IT life cycle, personal computers, office suites, HTML, VoIP, GPS devices, operating systems, Oracle and SQL databases, and object-oriented methodologies.
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, one year contract position with possible extensions with pay commensurate with experience up to $30/hour or $62,400 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire. Varies based on experience.
Qualifications you need
A successful IT Business Analyst possesses or provides the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Two years of experience using requirements gathering tools.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of IT work experience, including 2 years as an IT Business Analyst using a Software Development Methodology.
- A minimum of one-year experience working on IT Infrastructure and Software Development Projects as a Business Analyst.
- Experience working multiple small to medium size projects with multiple technologies and functions.
- One year of experience with VENDOR integration projects
- Works under the general direction of Project Manager I, Advanced Project Manager II, or Program Manager.
- Excellent Communications, (written and verbal), Ownership, Teamwork, Accountability, Conflict Resolution, and Analytical skills to successfully drive assigned projects to completion.
- The position is expected to assist with research, conduct feasibility studies, gather and document customer requirements, writes test plans, execute test strategies , record and publish meeting notes, end user training coordination, recommend system solutions, develop enhancement plans, and related cost-benefit comparisons for small to medium projects.
- Must thoroughly understand the full project life cycle of a project.
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle Databases.
- Capability to understand client's technical and business requirements on a project.
- Experience with tools in gathering requirements (CASE), developing specifications, and testing during the life of a project.
- Formal Business Analyst Training required.
- Drug Test Required
- Background Test Required
Nice to Have
- Prior transit experience and knowledge of transit technologies
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.
Thank you for applying. If you are selected, we will reach out for a skills assessment and to schedule a short prescreen video call to get to know you better. We will also be in touch for any future roles your profile will match with.
TECKpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.